This post is also available in: English (Engleză)
Financial Services Manager
In the past, banks competed largely on price, product and scale of the branch network. Today, the main competitive front is customer experience with a new emphasis on simplicity and convenience of interactions across a variety of channels. Process optimization and strategic use of data analytics solutions can dramatically impact not only how banks market their products and services, but also how they conduct risk management, product and service design, business forecasting, competitive analysis and customer education – all with the goal to help consumers increase their financial well-being while also increasing margins for banks. Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, and as a Financial Services Advisory Services professional, you will be at the heart of that goal.
We are currently seeking a professional at Manager/Senior Manager level with banking experience to join the team. As a Financial Services Advisory Services professional you will have a great opportunity to apply and expand your process optimization and customer experience knowledge and skills, work on different projects across the financial services sector, within international teams and frequently work with other service lines.
- Collaborating with FS Advisory Partner to plan engagement strategy/objectives, undertaking risk assessments and leading the engagements to deliver agreed plan
- Developing and maintaining productive and long term relationships with client management
- Maintain close contact with clients throughout engagements to ensuring continuing good relations and the effective completion of work
- Generating new business opportunities, understanding EY services and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge
- Understanding Financial Services Industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, emerging technical developments and impact to the clients; being visible in the marketplace and recognized as a quality service advisor
- Review the work of engagement team, answering queries and ensuring that deliverables are brought to a proper standard for partner level review
- Leading by example, developing and mentoring engagement team members and conducting performance reviews
- Using expertise in banking practices to perform engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in consulting or a managerial position within the banking sector
- Practical experience with projects and processes management in the banking sector
- Excellent academic background, preferable a Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Banking, Economics, Business or Accounting, but not compulsory
- A Master in Business Administration is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Romanian and English
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
What we look for
We are not just looking for banking experience – we are interested in professionals with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; professionals who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.