Our TAX and Legal Service Line is growing and we are looking for a Legal Compliance and Risk Management Associate. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
We offer a dynamic and rewarding working environment with prospects for personal and professional growth, access to a global network and an international career.
As a part of the Quality and Risk Management department (Q&RM) on the Associate role you will be ensuring compliance with the global and local EY policies and procedures within Tax & Law SL.
Your key responsibilities
- Performing background checks on potential clients by using the available internal and external databases
- Assistance with client and engagement acceptance procedures for all new clients and engagements by using the EY global tool
- Consultation on a daily basis with respect to various Q&RM matters to all Tax & Law professionals
- Support to Q&RM Assistant Director and Country Tax & Law Q&RM leader
- Liaising with other EY offices on various Q&RM matters
- Holding trainings on Q&RM aspects for Tax & Law professionals
- Support for the annual quality review programs on Tax & Law SL
- Assistance to EY Moldova and EY Bulgaria on various Q&RM matters
- Assistance on approvals for law subcontracted work for various country practices, when needed
- Support on independence matters consultations to Tax & Law Q&RM Assistant Director
Skills and attributes for success
- Knowledge of English at an advanced level
- Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must be
- University graduate with the drive to start a career, with a specialization in Law
- 1-2 years experience in the Legal field, with a high focus of reviewing the compliance of different types of contracts
- Capable of showing initiative and a positive attitude to work
- Willing to ask for and accept feedback
- Witty and have a solution finding type of attitude
- Attentive to details and accurate in your work
Ideally you’d have
- Experience in a consultancy company (strategic or Big 4)
What we look for
We are looking for a new team member prepared to begin working in a friendly team from November 2017, who has a feeling for and an interest in business. If you dream of a career in an international company, with high focus on development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
What working at EY offers
We don’t want to brag, but …
We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
Our motto is above everyone so we obviously have the best view over whole Bucharest.
We highly promote smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from Starbucks where you enjoy your EY employer discounts on delicious Grande, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, peppermint white chocolate mocha with light whip and extra syrup.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. We offer professional trainings, support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around, and thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.