- Posted by: EY Careers
We are currently seeking a capable and highly motivated Manager Valuation Business Modelling to join our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team.
The EY Valuation & Business Modelling (VBM) practice combines all the experience and expertise available within EY in order to offer a complete range of value-added services.
As a valuation professional at EY, you’ll help global organizations make strategic decisions by providing responsive, objective advice on valuing businesses, shares, tangible and intangible assets. As a business modelling professional you’ll carry out model review, model support and model build services to assist clients with their strategic decisions. Clients will see you as a vital part of their team.
Furthermore, you’ll gain valuable experience across industries and geographies as a member of a market-leading practice offering a fully globally integrated transactions service. And we’ll give you the opportunities and support you’ll need to enjoy your work and achieve your potential.
- Manage business valuations for management planning; mergers and acquisitions (M&A); financial reporting; tax and regulatory compliance; restructuring and reorganization; and corporate strategy (intangible assets valuations would be a plus);
- Identify issues and propose strategies related to the procedures executed;
- Review and analyze information obtained from various channels and prepare valuation reports;
- Prepare proposals and present valuation reports to clients;
- Review and analyze valuation reports issued by other firms in order to assist audit teams on projects associated with fair value measurements;
- Develop and analyze complex financial models and perform financial analyses (historical performance review, financial forecast and free cash flow analysis);
- Appraise company or asset values using the income approach, market approach or asset-based approach for transaction, financial reporting or tax purposes;
- Work closely with clients, targets and other professionals in the financial due diligence, legal, tax and valuation fields;
- Help develop project leads, and hire and train junior staff;
- Supervise, develop and mentor professionals at the junior and senior level;
- Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management;
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge and services.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in the finance field, of which at least 4 years of direct experience utilizing Valuation techniques and methodologies (Purchase Price Allocations (PPA), Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Income Approach, Market Comparables, etc.) within a business valuation firm or practice, investment banking, commercial banking, financial research, national valuation firm or experience in a corporate finance role for an organization.
- Strong Excel knowledge and good report-writing skills
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data, commercial documentation and reports, drawing appropriate conclusions
- Within the course of obtaining or ideally possess a finance or accounting qualification (CFA, ACCA).
Skills and attributes for success:
- Membership in the National Association of Authorized Romanian Valuers (ANEVAR) is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
We don’t want to brag, but… We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
We do not only provide smartphones, but also smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from any coffee shop, from the client’s office and depending on the engagement, get to also visit new cities.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. Extra professional certificates and trainings will lead you to get the red carpet laid down for you at Career promotion trainings (ACCA). That means you start off with certified trainings that will introduce you to the exact working procedures and process. It is self-explaining that we support your learning with study leaves. And thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.