- Posted by: EY Careers
We are currently seeking a capable and highly motivated Senior Accountant to join our TAX team in EY Bucharest.
- Check and validates that the entries in the local accounting system are in line with the applicable reporting requirements;
- Perform month-end and year end closing operations in accordance with the statutory reporting requirements and regional/global policies;
- Manage accruals and prepayments;
- Re-conciliate between the local statutory accounting system and the reporting system;
- Collaborate with the client representative for the customization of the statutory ERP;
- Review the annual statutory financial statements and the half yearly accounting reports;
- Review the monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns for VAT and corporate tax as applicable;
- Timely identify possible accounting and tax compliance issues and communicate these to the manager and/or partner;
- Coordinate the accounting assistant and provide guidance on the accounting and tax work.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- University degree in Economics;
- 3-4 years experience as Accountant (group accounting, management accounting);
- English language – advanced level;
- Excel – advanced level;
- Good knowledge and skills to understand and create customized reports, to support reconciliations and ad-hoc reports.
We will offer you…
A friendly working environment, opportunities for career growth, developing your skills and being challenged by projects are just a few of the things that make us an awesome team.
We don’t want to brag, but… We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
We do not only provide smartphones, but also smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from any coffee shop, from the client’s office and depending on the engagement, get to also visit new cities.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. Extra professional certificates and trainings will lead you to get the red carpet laid down for you at Career promotion trainings (ACCA). That means you start off with certified trainings that will introduce you to the exact working procedures and process. It is self-explaining that we support your learning with study leaves. And thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.