With a growing business and an upcoming busy season, the Assurance Audit teams are hiring new team members. By becoming a part of EY, you will join a fast growing and dynamically developing department that is one of the key players in the Romanian market.
Assurance gives organizations and their investors the confidence that the results they report give an accurate and fair picture of their business.
As a junior audit consultant, you will participate in audit projects in various branches of economics, including the fuel and energy complex, electricity generation, oil & gas, vehicle production, telecommunications, industrial production, retails sales, consumer goods production, real estate, etc.
Your key responsibilities
Client and engagement management and coordination
Inventory on the client companies’ status
Creating and maintaining audit files
Preparing summary documents
Interaction with employees of client companies with the aim of gathering essential data and information
People management, leadership and coaching
Skills and attributes for success
Knowledge of English at intermediate level or above
Confidence in PC use (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To qualify for the role you must have
- A university graduate with a specialization in finance/economics/accounting
- Previous experience in audit (minimum 1- 2 years previous experience)
- Knowledge of local GAAP (Romanian accounting) and basic knowledge of IFRS
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
- Professional accountancy qualification or working towards gaining one
- Involvement in the coordination of the planning, execution and delivery of the engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, providing coaching, supervision and engagement to Assistants
- Performing / supervising of the performance of audit procedures in accordance with EY’s methodology and quality standards
- Involvement in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Build strong and productive working relationships with client personnel and EY team members
What we look for
We are looking for new team members prepared to begin working in a friendly team from February 2018 the latest, who have a feeling for and an interest in audit and business.
If you are looking for a career in Audit in an international company, with high focus on people leadership, development and innovation, this vacancy is for you.
We don’t want to brag, but… We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
We do not only provide smartphones, but also smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from any coffee shop, from the client’s office and depending on the engagement, get to also visit new cities.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. Extra professional certificates and trainings will lead you to get the red carpet laid down for you at Career promotion trainings (ACCA). That means you start off with certified trainings that will introduce you to the exact working procedures and process. It is self-explaining that we support your learning with study leaves. And thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.