- Posted by: EY Careers
We are currently seeking a capable and highly motivated Tax Consultant responsible for managing multiple client engagements and supporting the development of tax practice in EY Timisoara.
- Stay abreast of general business and economic developments and demonstrate an understanding of the client’s business and industry by recognizing business trends and emerging tax practices and policies relevant to clients;
- Work with the client and engagement team to understand the client’s business and tax needs, provide practical implementable solutions and support and take ownership for the implementation of these recommendations;
- Work with the tax team to develop marketing/sales strategies and implementing them and also to develop and customize relevant/practical methodologies in the tax area for the Romanian market;
- Utilize and encourage the application of firm wide methodologies and tools including computer based software solutions;
- Prepare memoranda, working papers, and other documents in conjunction with serving the client (e.g., proposals, engagement letters, presentations, final reports);
- Provide guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g., willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews) and assist them in designing and implementing individual development plans. Develops and coaches people;
- Ensure proper approval and sign-off of the contracts within the firm by the Partner/Manager and with the client before beginning any engagement; escalate any quality issues to the practice and engagement partners and managers proactively and ensuring these issues are addressed at the earliest;
- Demonstrate functional expertise in the areas of inbound and outbound corporate taxation, individual taxation, indirect taxation, Romanian accounting standards and rules.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Economics (e.g. Accounting/Finance);
- 2- 3 years of experience working as a consultant or as a tax professional in the industry or tax consulting/ accounting firms;
- English language – medium or high level;
- Understanding of Romanian accounting standards and rules;
- Inbound taxation: profits tax, VAT, payroll taxes;
- Outbound taxation: withholding taxes, application of tax treaties, tax credits;
- Individual taxation: tax residency rules, taxation of dependent/independent activities.
We will offer you…
A friendly working environment, opportunities for career growth, developing your skills and being challenged by projects are just a few of the things that make us an awesome team.
We don’t want to brag, but… We provide more than just a daily supply of fresh fruits, a gym membership and unlimited coffee.
We do not only provide smartphones, but also smart working. With flexible working you are able to work from any coffee shop, from the client’s office and depending on the engagement, get to also visit new cities.
But let’s be serious! EY is holding your hand to help you climb up that career ladder. Extra professional certificates and trainings will lead you to get the red carpet laid down for you at Career promotion trainings (ACCA). That means you start off with certified trainings that will introduce you to the exact working procedures and process. It is self-explaining that we support your learning with study leaves. And thanks to that over 70% of our team members have a chance to grow and get promoted every year.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.